I knew nothing about The Liebster Award until a darling friend of mine nominated me for it and I thank her for her humility. Liebster award is a way of recognizing and promoting fellow bloggers on the internet, for their efforts and accomplishments in blogging. Thanks a lot for it, Madhavi Singh 🙂
There are certain rules to it and you can familiarize yourself with them. Follow the link below:
Madhavi is a young talented blogger with creative thoughts. Must visit her blog – https://thequietgirlblogger.wordpress.com/
Being a novice, I am obliged to be nominated for this award. As per the rules, I am supposed to share 11 facts about myself and so, here they are:
- I’m 18 years old.
- I blow candles on 2nd April
- I have great passion for writing.
- I am an ambivert.
- I am a foodie and I particularly love Italian food.
- A huge fan of Enrique.
- A die hard lover of Harry Potter Series.
- If given a chance, I would love to travel space and explore the universe.
- Favourite sport – Football
- Favourite Author – Ruskin Bond
- I love socializing with people.
Answers to the 11 questions from being nominated:
- Which book or movie title describes your life currently?
Answer: Rollercoaster (a 1977 film)
- What is that scares the bejesus out of you?
Answer: When I am all alone on a deserted street and I notice strange faces staring at me.
- Do you read a lot? What is your favourite novel or a piece of writing?
Answer: Yes, I do read books. My favourite novel, so far, has been The Clockwork Man by William Jablonsky. It’s about the first man made of clockwork, built by a famous German clockmaker, Karl Gruber. It’s actually the diary of Ernst, the clockwork man, where he describes his thoughts. A sudden tragedy occurs, as a result of which he is abandoned and he allows himself to wind down in a kind of suicide. Over hundred years later, he awakens in a strange new land and the world he’s known long gone. The author has done an excellent job of making Ernst a wonderful narrator. It feels as if you are actually reading the journal of a clockwork man. It is indeed, an interesting novel.
- Do you miss school? What is your favourite school memory?
Answer: As compared to colleges, schools have more restricted environment; and when you break the rules, that is where the fun begins. I remember how my friends and I, during the most boring lectures, hid under the bench and ate our tiffins before the break time.
- Are you satisfied with what you do and have in life or do you want something more? What is it that is still missing in your life?
Answer: I am just 18 and I am yet to accomplish my goals. Adventure is what is missing in my life. So, I want more adventure.
- Who is your role model? Why?
Answer: My elder sister is my role model, for the way she copes with her difficulties. She is versatile and whether it’s dancing, designing, blogging or cooking, she is perfect in all. She is truly my inspiration.
7. Are you an insomniac? When was the last time you slept before 10 p.m.?
Answer: Being a youngster of 21st century, it’s impossible for me to sleep when I am surrounded by hi-tech gadgets and brilliant internet facilities. After all, there’s so much to explore on Google 😉
It’s really hard for me to remember the time when I slept before 10 p.m. My usual sleep timing is never before 1 a.m. 😛
- Which is your favourite genre in music?
Answer: Soft rock music and the song I love of this genre is “Please forgive me” by Bryan Adams.
- Would you go to a club with your friends or sit back home and enjoy a whole pizza while watching a movie or a T.V. series alone?
Answer: I don’t like to go to the clubs, and so do my friends. If at all I stay back to watch my favourite movies, it would be with my friends, and not alone.
10. Your biggest pet peeve is?
Answer: My pet peeve is to hear someone scratching their nails on the chalk board.
11. “The world is about to end. You have 24 hours.” What do you do?
Answer: It’s quite obvious that in 24 hours, I won’t be able to do all that I wish to. Since, it is certain that I’ll die in 24 hours; it won’t matter to me even if death comes to me before this time. So, I would fulfill my most risky dream to try river rafting on high waves.
The 11 bloggers I would like to nominate are:
- Shape my web
- The Style Symphony
- Here, There and Everywhere
- Random Thoughts
- The Divine Chronicle
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping
- Movies of the soul
- Living through the soul
- The society for recovering doormats
Last but not the least, the 11 questions that I’ve prepared for my nominees:
- What is your dream summer vacation?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- What inspired you to create a blog?
- If given a chance to be invisible, what would you do?
- Where do you see yourself in next 10 years?
- Is there any dream still left to be fulfilled? What is it?
- Do you believe in luck? Why or why not?
- Your biggest obsession?
- What do you hate the most?
- Which cartoon character would you choose to describe your personality?
- Who is the best author in your opinion and why?
P.S.- This was written on the day of being nominated and published later.